West Coast Congestion – Update #2
Dear Valued Customer:
We previously notified you of various impacts to the West Coast logistic supply chain which continues to cause congestion at multiple points throughout the system.
- Both CN and CP railroads are maintaining more fluid operations overall.
- Westwood’s equipment supply in Vancouver has improved to more balanced levels.
Puget Sound Terminals:
- Due to chassis shortages and high ground counts, UP Rail continues to restrict import ingate activity into the Seattle Argo ramp.
- Westwood has continued import discharge at Terminal 30 in Seattle.
- Westwood continues to stage excess intermodal containers at Terminal 5.
- The IPI (Inland Point Intermodal) rail container backlog in Everett has been cleared.
- Terminals are unable to utilize the practice of FIFO (first in – first out) cargo movement due to congestion.
We are committed to working with all parties involved to mitigate cargo delays. We strongly encourage customers and truckers to pick up loads and return empties as soon as possible.
We thank you for your understanding and continued business support.
Please feel free to email our Customer Service Management Team with any questions: email@example.com
Import Customer Service: 1-800-621-4371
Export Customer Service: 1-800-220-9752