West Coast Congestion - Update
Dear Valued Customer:
We previously notified you of various impacts to the West Coast logistic supply chain which continues to cause congestion at multiple points throughout the system.
- Central BC Wildfires continue to impact rail service in and out of the Vancouver Port Area.
- CN and CP continue to operate trains thru the BC interior in a safe and controlled manner, as hot and dry conditions continue to elevate wildfire risks.
- Railcar shortages continue due to wildfires.
- Berths windows continue to be tight, occasionally delaying vessel arrivals.
- Container ground counts are at capacity, terminals are unable to utilize the practice of FIFO (first in – first out) cargo movement.
Puget Sound Terminals:
- Congestion continues to increase at all Ocean Terminals.
- Terminal 5 is being used as an overflow storage facility to help alleviate port congestion at berths for inbound vessels. We are moving containers to this facility from both T-30 and Everett.
- We continue to maximize UP Seattle daily in gate reservations.
- US ports are not accepting diversions to Port CY after the cargo is discharged.
- Terminals are unable to utilize the practice of FIFO (first in – first out) cargo movement due to congestion.
We are committed to working with all parties involved to mitigate cargo delays. We strongly encourage customers and truckers to pick up loads and return empties as soon as possible.
We thank you for your understanding and continued business support.
Please feel free to email our Customer Service Management Team with any questions: email@example.com
Import Customer Service: 1-800-621-4371
Export Customer Service: 1-800-220-9752